[R-SIG-Mac] Can't open files in 4.0 or 4.01

Bob Rudis bob @end|ng |rom rud@|@
Sun Jun 7 23:51:19 CEST 2020

Are there any entries in Console.app that might help triage?

Have you tried creating a new user on your Mac and seeing if that account has issues performing the same tasks your user account is having?

Having said that, I just grabbed "Mac OS X GUI rev. 7843 for R 4.0.x" from mac.r-project.org (I never use R.app nor do I keep it installed unless testing something) and am running R 4.0.1 on latest Catalina beta — 10.15.6 Beta (19G36e) — and it crashes every time I try to open a .R file (crashlog https://paste.sr.ht/~hrbrmstr/9899f3a7f3c1724cc952b935c3fc39a47cac88ac)