[R-SIG-Mac] Can't open files in 4.0 or 4.01

Carl Witthoft c@r| @end|ng |rom w|ttho|t@com
Sun Jun 7 22:22:27 CEST 2020

Hi,
2 weeks ago I installed R 4.0 on my new Catalina machine. Things seemed
to be working fine.
Today I installed R 4.01, and now I can't open any FILE.r - no matter
what way I try, i.e. double-click the file, drag/drop, or open from the
R GUI menu,  R hangs with the beachball.
I tried giving R full disk access and other privileges via Security
settings; no help.

So I deleted R 4.01 and reinstalled R 4.0, and dang if I no longer can
open files any more!  I've tried all the suggestions in the previous
thread in this mailing group; no help.

What else can I do, or delete, or uninstall, to at least get back to
where I was? Right now I'm basically DIW.
--
Carl Witthoft
carl using witthoft.com