[R-SIG-Mac] Update to versions GEOS 3.8.0, GDAL 3.0.4 and PROJ 7.0.0 in macOS Catalina

Alberto Lázaro-López @|@z@ro|op @end|ng |rom po@teo@me
Sun Jun 7 12:47:32 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I got in touch with Manuel Spínola in R-sig-geo mailing list, I didn’t keep an eye on this list though.
I’ve seen some mails regarding issues with PROJ and GDAL in macOS following Homebrew versions.

We are maintaining a Homebrew tap focused on OSGeo projects called OSGeo4Mac.
At this moment, it’s serving bottles for GDAL 3.1.0 and PROJ 6.3.2, but also other GIS software as PostGIS or SAGA.
They are intended to be more flexible and provide more functionality than those available as core versions too.

We are also looking for collaborators to discuss and support formulas they are interested in.
You are really welcome.

Best regards,

Alberto D. Lázaro López
about.me/alazarolop <https://bit.ly/ALazaroLop>