[R-SIG-Mac] Update to versions GEOS 3.8.0, GDAL 3.0.4 and PROJ 7.0.0 in macOS Catalina

Manuel Spínola m@p|no|@10 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 8 16:06:40 CEST 2020

Thank you very much Alberto,

I tried:

brew tap osgeo/osgeo4mac
brew unlink gdal
brew unlink proj

brew install osgeo-gdal
brew install osgeo-proj
brew link osgeo-gdal
brew link osgeo-proj

install.packages("rgdal", type = "source")

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘rgdal’ in dyn.load(file,
DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
 unable to load shared object
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/00LOCK-rgdal/00new/rgdal/libs/rgdal.so':

dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/00LOCK-rgdal/00new/rgdal/libs/rgdal.so,
6): Symbol not found: ___addtf3
  Referenced from: /usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/9/libquadmath.0.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
 in /usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/9/libquadmath.0.dylib
Error: loading failed
Execution halted

After trying to find a solution, some people suggested me to wait for the
binary packages.

Manuel

El dom., 7 jun. 2020 a las 4:47, Alberto Lázaro-López (<alazarolop using posteo.me>)
escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> I got in touch with Manuel Spínola in R-sig-geo mailing list, I didn’t
> keep an eye on this list though.
> I’ve seen some mails regarding issues with PROJ and GDAL in macOS
> following Homebrew versions.
>
> We are maintaining a Homebrew tap focused on OSGeo projects called
> OSGeo4Mac.
> At this moment, it’s serving bottles for GDAL 3.1.0 and PROJ 6.3.2, but
> also other GIS software as PostGIS or SAGA.
> They are intended to be more flexible and provide more functionality than
> those available as core versions too.
>
> We are also looking for collaborators to discuss and support formulas they
> are interested in.
> You are really welcome.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alberto D. Lázaro López
> about.me/alazarolop <https://bit.ly/ALazaroLop>

*Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre
Universidad Nacional
Apartado 1350-3000
Heredia
COSTA RICA
mspinola using una.cr <mspinola using una.ac.cr>
mspinola10 using gmail.com
Teléfono: (506) 8706 - 4662
Personal website: Lobito de río <https://sites.google.com/site/lobitoderio/>
Institutional website: ICOMVIS <http://www.icomvis.una.ac.cr/>