[R-SIG-Mac] Finding "bash" and "mv" on my hard drive?

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom prod@y@e@com
Sat Jan 18 00:00:58 CET 2020

Hello:

       How can I find the version of "bash" and "mv" that are used by "R
CMD check" under macOS 10.15.2 Catalina?

       I ask, because my "Bitdefender for Mac" has been interrupting "R
CMD check" for a couple of years now, saying, "Bitdefender Safe Files
blocked a new process, bash, from accessing your protected files."  Each
time it happens, Bitdefender allows me to tell it to "Remember this
action:  For 5 minutes" or "For this time only" or to "Keep blocking".
Their "Safe Files" feature allows me to give access to certain
applications.  I've already "allowed" 36 different applications using
that feature, including "/bin/bash", "/bin/mv",
"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/exec/R", and two
different versions of "git".  I'm not sure, but I believe that "R CMD
check" uses versions of "bash" and "mv" different from "/bin/bash" and
"/bin/mv".

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves