[R-SIG-Mac] Finding "bash" and "mv" on my hard drive?

Bob Rudis bob @end|ng |rom rud@|@
Sat Jan 18 00:19:38 CET 2020

R does not ship bash or bin with the program distribution on macOS. It
uses the ones that come along for the ride with the system (which will
be interesting when Apple removes bash completely in 10.16).

If you've used MacPorts or Homebrew, you may have installed version of
those shells/tools there which R is picking up.

This:

    sapply(c("bash", "mv"), Sys.which)

should tell you where R is picking up those binaries.

-boB