[R-SIG-Mac] fatal error: 'stdio.h' file not found
er|cjkort @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 29 16:05:13 CEST 2020
Running R 3.6 has been working fine. I just upgraded to R 4.0 and I cannot
build packages from source. I have tried the following:
1. Installed R 4.0 binary on my mac (macOS 10.14.6). Installation went
fine, but when I try to build packages from source I get errors like this:
* installing *source* package ‘MASS’ ...
** package ‘MASS’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
** using staged installation
-I/usr/local/include -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c MASS.c -o MASS.o
MASS.c:18:10: fatal error: 'stdlib.h' file not found
Indeed, stdlib.h is not in /usr/local/include.
2. So I installed Command_Line_Tools_for_Xcode_11.3.1.dmg, but that did not
fix the problem
3. So I installed Xcode 11.3.1 itself. That did not fix the problem.
4. For good measure, I re-ran xcode-select --install
5. Googling suggested installing /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/
Packages/macOS_SDK_headers_for_macOS_10.14.pkg, but that package is not on
6. I tried building R 4.0 from source with this config.site:
configure went ok, but then the build failed with:
trying to compile and link a JNI program
detected JNI cpp flags : -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include
detected JNI linker flags : -L$(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server -ljvm
clang -I"/Users/Eric.Kort/build/R-4.0.0/include" -DNDEBUG
-I/usr/local/include -fPIC -g -O2 -c conftest.c -o conftest.o
In file included from conftest.c:1:
fatal error: 'stdio.h' file not found
Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong? Thank you!
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the R-SIG-Mac