[R-SIG-Mac] Extra Returns Accumulate in Console When Recalling Comands via History

Bryan Hanson h@n@on @end|ng |rom dep@uw@edu
Tue Jan 29 03:30:12 CET 2019

I don’t think this has been reported previously.  I’m running R 3.6 updating every few weeks.  Recently (roughly last month), I’ve noticed that for each command that is issued, an extra return is added in the console if one uses the up arrow to retrieve a previously used command from the history.

To reproduce, give a command like

mean(rnorm(100))

then use the up arrow to re-run the command, and one gets an extra return in the console added for each re-running.  Simply writing a command, not using the history, doesn’t do this, so it looks like an extra return is being added when the  history is accessed.

https://imgur.com/a/it5e9Hy <https://imgur.com/a/it5e9Hy> for a screenshot.

Thanks, Bryan

> sessionInfo()
R Under development (unstable) (2019-01-22 r76000)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS Mojave 10.14.2

Matrix products: default
BLAS: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/lib/libRblas.0.dylib
LAPACK: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:

[1] compiler_3.6.0