[R-SIG-Mac] Problem generating an SVG file from a CSV file on the Mac - updated with test script and test data

Richard Fuhr r|ch@rd@|uhr @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 21 04:27:24 CEST 2019

I am sending this message again to the distribution list, and this time I am
* making this message plain text
* attaching an R file called FuhrTest.R
* attaching an input file called FuhrTest.csv ( a small file but it does duplicate the problem)

The purpose of the code is to read the csv file, which consists of a few dates and weights and to generate plots of the data using various formats.

The formats PDF, JPG, PNG and SVG get successfully generated on my Linux machine running the Pop!_OS distribution.

However, on my Mac, using the identical R script, the system hangs when trying to generate an SVG plot.

I have also duplicated the problem interactively.

If the lines to generate an SVG file are commented out on the Mac, then the R code runs as desired.

I invoked the script via the command

Rscript FuhrTest.R

So if someone can take a look at this case when running R on a Mac, that would be very helpful.

It would be nice to be able to generate SVG files using R on my Mac that represent data plots

Thanks,

Richard Fuhr