[R-SIG-Mac] Problem generating an SVG file from a CSV file on the Mac - updated with test script and test data

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy@mende|@@ohn @end|ng |rom no@@@gov
Wed Aug 21 05:11:35 CEST 2019

Worked on my machine.  I think you need to give more info,  including what version of the OS you are running,  and from within R the result of 'sessionInfo()',  also what happens if you run it from within R,  rather than from RScript.

HTH,

-Roy

> On Aug 20, 2019, at 7:27 PM, Richard Fuhr <richard.fuhr using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am sending this message again to the distribution list, and this time I am
> * making this message plain text
> * attaching an R file called FuhrTest.R
> * attaching an input file called FuhrTest.csv ( a small file but it does duplicate the problem)
>
> The purpose of the code is to read the csv file, which consists of a few dates and weights and to generate plots of the data using various formats.
>
> The formats PDF, JPG, PNG and SVG get successfully generated on my Linux machine running the Pop!_OS distribution.
>
> However, on my Mac, using the identical R script, the system hangs when trying to generate an SVG plot.
>
> I have also duplicated the problem interactively.
>
> If the lines to generate an SVG file are commented out on the Mac, then the R code runs as desired.
>
> I invoked the script via the command
>
> Rscript FuhrTest.R
>
> So if someone can take a look at this case when running R on a Mac, that would be very helpful.
>
> It would be nice to be able to generate SVG files using R on my Mac that represent data plots
>

> Thanks,
>

> Richard Fuhr
> <FuhrTest.csv><FuhrTest.R>_______________________________________________
> R-SIG-Mac mailing list