[R-SIG-Mac] istate CRAN mirror not working - unable to use .Rprofile to change

Michael Hall mik3hall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 00:28:09 CEST 2017

> On Jun 8, 2017, at 5:22 PM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> The documentation about .Rprofile is documentation about R.  R.app is a separate project that acts as a front end to R.  Front ends can change things that R does.  R.app uses its own Mac OS ways of storing persistent configuration information.

OK, seems a reasonable split in support. I’m not sure how far you can get away from what R does though.

>> But again, for my purposes yes, the preference is fine to change the default mirror and get me working normally. Thanks again.
>>
>> I am still a little curious if there are any thoughts on why the iastate mirror stopped working?
>
> You would likely have to figure out who was running it, and ask them. Mirrors are coordinated by CRAN, but are run by the local people who run them.

I think for one mirror I did notice a contact person name, but I’m not sure I saw any contact information. Iowa is close but not close enough to go and try to track a responsible individual down.

Thanks again