[R-SIG-Mac] R-3.4.0 installation problem?

Alfonso Saera Vila alfonsosaera at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 13:19:49 CEST 2017

Hi everybody,

I am working in a MacBook Pro (15 inches, mid 2010), OSX El Capitan (10.11.6), 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Today I tried to update from R-3.3 to R-3.4.0. I downloaded the R-3.4.0.pkg from https://cran.r-project.org/ site. After downloading I checked the MD5 checksum for the R-3.4.0.pkg image and it was the same than in the r-project website. I executed the file by double-clicking and everything appear to work fine, at the end it said that everything was installed with no problem.

The problem I have is that the old R.app was removed from my application folder but the new (R-3.4.0) does not appear in the application folder either.

I tried to download and install the GNU Fortran 6.1 and then reinstall R but nothing changed.

I tried to look for a solution in google and stackoverblow forum but did not find any clue of what to do. I hope I am not missing any stupid detail or making a rookie mistake. Sorry if this is not the way of posting this.

Thanks for your help,

Alfonso