[R-SIG-Mac] latex errors, Rd problems

Adrian Dușa dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro
Sat Mar 21 11:32:50 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right list, but it seems like a Mac related problem
(version OS X 10.9.5, haven't upgraded to Yosemite just yet).

I'm getting a warning when building a package (with R 3.1.3), relating to
LaTeX and Rd problems:

* checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
* checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... OK
* DONE

The final .pdf file looks alright, so it gets created after all despite
this warning.

I've tried to search in the .Rd files for anything suspicious but could not
find anything. Also, searched over the web for anything related, only found
a post referring to a missing "inconsolata.sty" but doesn't seem to be my
case.

I also tried R CMD Rd2pdf (in the command line), and I get this at the end:

Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  Running 'texi2dvi' on 'Rd2.tex' failed.
Messages:
sh: /usr/local/bin/texi2dvi: No such file or directory

It might boil down to this missing texi2dvi, but I have the full
MacTeX-2014 (fresh reinstall today) on my system and it should be there.

Might also be a path issue: here's is the difference between R.gui and
terminal:

> Sys.getenv("PATH")
[1] "/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin"

Adrians-MBP:~ dusadrian$ $PATH
-bash:
/usr/local/mysql/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin:/usr/texbin:
No such file or directory

Thanks very much for any hint, below my R version.

> R.version
               _
platform       x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0
arch           x86_64
os             darwin13.4.0
system         x86_64, darwin13.4.0
status
major          3
minor          1.3
year           2015
month          03
day            09
svn rev        67962
language       R
version.string R version 3.1.3 (2015-03-09)
nickname       Smooth Sidewalk

Best wishes,
Adrian

--