[R-SIG-Mac] latex errors, Rd problems

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Mar 21 11:57:52 CET 2015

On 21/03/2015 10:32, Adrian Dușa wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Not sure if this is the right list, but it seems like a Mac related problem
> (version OS X 10.9.5, haven't upgraded to Yosemite just yet).
>
> I'm getting a warning when building a package (with R 3.1.3), relating to
> LaTeX and Rd problems:

That looks like checking not building.  Do tell us exactly what you did,
not quote selected output.

> * checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
> LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
> This typically indicates Rd problems.
> * checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... OK
> * DONE
>
> The final .pdf file looks alright, so it gets created after all despite
> this warning.

But it will not have hyperrefs nor an index ....

> I've tried to search in the .Rd files for anything suspicious but could not
> find anything. Also, searched over the web for anything related, only found
> a post referring to a missing "inconsolata.sty" but doesn't seem to be my
> case.
>
> I also tried R CMD Rd2pdf (in the command line), and I get this at the end:
>
> Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
>    Running 'texi2dvi' on 'Rd2.tex' failed.
> Messages:
> sh: /usr/local/bin/texi2dvi: No such file or directory
>
> It might boil down to this missing texi2dvi, but I have the full
> MacTeX-2014 (fresh reinstall today) on my system and it should be there.

> Might also be a path issue: here's is the difference between R.gui and
> terminal:

What does R.app (there is no R.gui to my knowledge) have to do with
this?  See the comment above about 'exactly what you did'.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
1 South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3TG, UK