[R-SIG-Mac] checking for pdflatex

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Mar 16 19:44:57 CET 2015

Dear Berend and Simon,

I've now tried Berend's solution and it appears to work fine: If necessary, I add /usr/texbin to the path when the Rcmdr GUI starts up and restore the path to its previous state when it closes.

I agree that Simon's solution will be more flexible since it should work if pdflatex is located elsewhere (as long as it's on the path reported by path_helper), and I'll give that a try as well.

Thanks again for all the help,
 John

---