[R-SIG-Mac] R 3.1.2 & Yosemite GUI slowness

ALPEROVYCH Yan ALPEROVYCH at em-lyon.com
Tue Nov 4 17:25:28 CET 2014

(Sorry if the posting is not in the right list)

I’ve just upgraded to R 3.1.2 (Yosemite machine, sessionInfo bellow) with and noticed strange behavior of the GUI. I work with scripts that produce a substantial amount of the printed output in the console. After about two full pages of console output the GUI starts to be very slow and laggy. This also causes the scrolling to lag and be choppy. The cure is to clear the console but this slowness reappears again soon enough with new printed output.

I tried to launch R from terminal, it there’s absolutely not issues alike in this case. I can easily print a data.frame with 26k rows and no lags whatsoever.

I don’t know what’s causing this but any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Yan

—————

> sessionInfo()
R version 3.1.2 (2014-10-31)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] plyr_1.8.1

[1] Rcpp_0.11.3 tools_3.1.2

—————

> Sys.getenv("PATH")
[1] "/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin"

—————

R version 3.1.2 (2014-10-31) -- "Pumpkin Helmet"
Copyright (C) 2014 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

[R.app GUI 1.65 (6833) x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0]

[Workspace restored from /Users/Yashper/Library/R/.RData]
[History restored from /Users/Yashper/Library/R/.Rapp.history]

----
Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers attaches qu'il contient sont confidentiels et destines exclusivement à l'usage de la personne à laquelle ils sont adresses. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci de le retourner à son metteur. Les idees et opinions presentees dans ce message sont celles de son auteur, et ne representent pas necessairement celles de l'institution ou entite affiliee dont l'auteur est l'employe. La publication, l'usage, la distribution, l'impression ou la copie non autorisee de ce message et des attachements qu'il contient sont strictement interdits.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please return it to the sender. The ideas and views expressed in this email are solely those of its author, and do not necessarily represent the views of the institution or company of which the author is an employee. Unauthorized publication, use, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is strictly forbidden.