[R-SIG-Mac] bypassing the R.app help browser?

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Tue Aug 12 23:09:53 CEST 2014

Hi John,

Happy to help. I recalled seeing something previously on this, so a search using rseek.org was fruitful.

The potential gotcha, of course, is if for some reason the GUI exits in a manner possibly not under your control. The setting would not be returned to the default and the therefore, as you note, retained for a subsequent session where the behavior may not be desired.

If this is for Rcmdr, perhaps this is something that could be added to a menu, where the user can alter the behavior in either direction as desired, if that makes sense.

Simon would need to comment on the potential for alternatives.

Best regards,

Marc