[R-SIG-Mac] external help browser [Was: R.app feature request]

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sun Dec 13 01:36:00 CET 2009

In the latest GUI (1.31-rc) you can enable external browser for the help pages by setting the use.external.help preference to YES. It's not recommended (since it sort of disables the help system), but for those that requested it it's now possible.

to enable (in Terminal):
defaults write org.R-project.R use.external.help YES

to revert to default:
defaults delete org.R-project.R use.external.help