[R-SIG-Mac] similar problems installing Rcmdr with R.

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Sep 25 14:38:02 CEST 2013

Dear Mark,

Of course. As I explained earlier, the problem was that the tcltk package
couldn't load, not with the Rcmdr directly, and the adehabitat package also
uses the tcltk package.

> Thanks SO much for all your assistance and help, especially for
> updating
> the help files for Rcmdr John. I will ask some of my current graduate
> students to test it out on their Mac's too.

They likely won't experience the same problem as you did, unless they too
have incorrect permissions set for the /usr/local directory or
subdirectories of it. Most people who follow the Rcmdr Mac OS X installation
notes won't experience a problem. Anyway, I have some troubleshooting tips
there now that cover the issue that arose on your Mac. If you turn up other
problems not currently covered by the notes, I'd appreciate learning about
them.

Best,
 John