[R-SIG-Mac] similar problems installing Rcmdr with R.

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Sep 25 14:32:00 CEST 2013

Dear Simon,

Yes, that's better than what I had in the troubleshooting section of the
Rcmdr installation notes, which was

  sudo chmod -R a+rx /usr/local

and which, as you say, would set execute permission for files as well as
directories. I've fixed that now.

When I first read Mark's message, I didn't realize that there were
subdirectories below /usr/local that might also have incorrectly set
permissions.

Thanks,
 John