[R-SIG-Mac] similar problems installing Rcmdr with R.

Hebblewhite, Mark Mark.Hebblewhite at umontana.edu
Wed Sep 25 09:17:01 CEST 2013

Yes, originally,

1) sudo chmod a+rx/usr/local/* did not work but

2) sudo zsh
chmod -R 755/usr/local

did work.

However, at your advice, Simon, I've gone and entered

3) sudo chmod -R a+rX /usr/local

in terminal, and now Rcmdr works.

Is there something else I should do to 'reverse' the 2nd incorrect command?

Incidentally, this is obviously a broader problem and I encountered
similar problems with other packages like adehabitat.

Thanks SO much for all your assistance and help, especially for updating
the help files for Rcmdr John. I will ask some of my current graduate
students to test it out on their Mac's too.

thanks again!

Mark Hebblewhite