[R-SIG-Mac] similar problems installing Rcmdr with R.

Hebblewhite, Mark Mark.Hebblewhite at umontana.edu
Tue Sep 24 18:32:11 CEST 2013

Yes, the solution proposed by Rodney Sparapani below worked to fix my
problem, but was a slightly different command than proposed to Sarah
earlier.

Thanks very much Rodney! It will be challenging to fix this problem,
however, for other 'naïve' users of MAC if the solution is different each
time.

Thanks very much John, Simon and Rodney!

On 09/24/2013 07:45 AM, Hebblewhite, Mark wrote:
>7. From previous posts on this list serve
>[http://grokbase.com/t/r/r-sig-mac/138nv3tj17/unable-to-load-rcmdr-with-r-
>3
>-0-1-on-a-mac-os-x-10-8-3] I followed this set of instructions to see
>whether there were problems with my permissions:
>
>>>system("ls -ld /usr/local /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libtcl*")
>ls: /usr/local/lib: Permission denied
>ls: /usr/local/lib/libtcl*: Permission denied
>drwx------  8 root  wheel  272 Sep 24 10:21 /usr/local
>

>8. But in my disk utilities I can see no clear disk permissions related to
>R. I ran repair disk permissions earlier today and there was 1 R problem
>but that¹s been apparently fixed.

Hi Mark:

I am assuming you came to Mac from Windows, rather than UNIX/Linux,
right?  On Mac OS X (and UNIX/Linux in general), you need to have
permission to read/write/execute files.  But, I think you can fix
this rather easily.  In a terminal...
% sudo zsh
# chmod -R 755 /usr/local