[R-SIG-Mac] similar problems installing Rcmdr with R.

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Sep 24 20:34:24 CEST 2013

Dear Mark,

Just to be clear:

	sudo chmod a+rx /usr/local/*

didn't work, but

	sudo zsh
	chmod -R 755 /usr/local

did work?

Frankly, I don't get that, since the first command should insure that
everyone has (at least) read and execute permission (i.e., level 5).

I think that I'll add a trouble-shooting section to the Rcmdr Mac
installation notes, but I would like to understand why one approach worked
here and not the other.

Best,
 John