[R-SIG-Mac] similar problems installing Rcmdr with R.

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Sep 24 15:48:08 CEST 2013

On 09/24/2013 07:45 AM, Hebblewhite, Mark wrote:
> 7. From previous posts on this list serve
> [http://grokbase.com/t/r/r-sig-mac/138nv3tj17/unable-to-load-rcmdr-with-r-3
> -0-1-on-a-mac-os-x-10-8-3] I followed this set of instructions to see
> whether there were problems with my permissions:
>
>> >system("ls -ld /usr/local /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libtcl*")
> ls: /usr/local/lib: Permission denied
> ls: /usr/local/lib/libtcl*: Permission denied
> drwx------  8 root  wheel  272 Sep 24 10:21 /usr/local
>

> 8. But in my disk utilities I can see no clear disk permissions related to
> R. I ran repair disk permissions earlier today and there was 1 R problem
> but that¹s been apparently fixed.

Hi Mark:

I am assuming you came to Mac from Windows, rather than UNIX/Linux,
right?  On Mac OS X (and UNIX/Linux in general), you need to have
permission to read/write/execute files.  But, I think you can fix
this rather easily.  In a terminal...
% sudo zsh
# chmod -R 755 /usr/local

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD
Manager of Statistical & Computational Operations