[R-SIG-Mac] R Update - FAILED- HELP!!!

Jean Jang jeanwaijang at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 02:04:04 CEST 2012

Thanks for your reply,

1) I tried R --vanilla in the terminal and received the below message.
So it looks like the latest version of R is updated "Roasted
Marshmallows". Thank you for your explanations, because I only started
using R this year, an obvious beginner.

Last login: Wed Jan  3 02:19:12 on console
jeans-macbook-104:~ jean$ R --vanilla

R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22) -- "Roasted Marshmallows"
Copyright (C) 2012 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.8.0/i386 (32-bit)

   Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

2) I would really like to get back to the console with RStudio how I
had my scripts saved before eventually. Because this is how I know to
work with R - in RStudio.

3) The q() option does not bother me. Right now there are 3 icons, an
apple tech told that I must drag the icon to trash and then reload a
newer version of a program. Please let me know if I should do so.
(RStudio, R, R64).

4) I tried launching R studio again but as mentioned I was receiving
the default message which gives me the option to 'relaunch', 'report
(send error to apple)' or 'cancel'. The problem details :

Process:         RStudio [816]
Identifier:      org.rstudio.RStudio
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [72]

Interval Since Last Report:          994 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           1
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   1

Date/Time:       2012-10-06 13:59:24.444 -1000
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  59FB002A-00E8-4C55-9BC8-DBE76B413D8D

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
   unknown required load command 0x80000022
---------------------
And system configuration:

Model: MacBook5,1, BootROM MB51.007D.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core 2
Duo, 2 GHz, 2 GB
Graphics: kHW_NVidiaGeForce9400MItem, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M,
sppci_pci_device, 256 MB
Memory Module: global_name
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x8D),
Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.91.22)
Bluetooth: Version 2.1.9f10, 2 service, 1 devices, 1 incoming serial
ports
Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
Serial ATA Device: Hitachi HTS543216L9SA02, 149.05 GB
Serial ATA Device: HL-DT-ST DVDRW  GS21N
USB Device: Built-in iSight, (null) mA
USB Device: My Passport 070A, (null) mA
USB Device: BRCM2046 Hub, (null) mA
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, (null) mA
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, (null) mA
USB Device: IR Receiver, (null) mA

5) I just typed the commands you suggested in the terminal and they
worked - all of them.

6) In applications I opened R (silver blue icon) and the console
opened up, looks like it works fine.

7) All I need now is the RStudio to work as it did and all my
beautiful scripts to show up as it was before I tried update.

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

Jean