[R-SIG-Mac] Using the Aqua Tcl/Tk theme by default on Mac OS

Milan Bouchet-Valat nalimilan at club.fr
Fri Sep 23 10:38:39 CEST 2011

Hi all!

Title says most of my question. ;-) This is something I'm experiencing
when using Rcmdr. For a probably good reason, it is run inside X11
instead of being a native Mac application. I guess this is why Tk
doesn't detect it would better use the Aqua Tile theme[1], which would
look much better on Macs than the default Tk theme.

I think even if R keeps using X11 for Tcl/Tk GUIs, it would be a nice
enhancement to set the default theme to Aqua in tcltk mac packages. Do
you think it's just a matter of changing a setting in packages?

Thanks for your help

1: http://tktable.sourceforge.net/tile/screenshots/macosx.html