[R-SIG-Mac] R Workspace Browser filterable and sortable (pref by size)

Timothy Bates tim.bates at ed.ac.uk
Thu May 26 17:44:54 CEST 2011

Hi all,
Fantastic that the revamped editor has variable finding (type yourData$ then tab if you have not already)!!

I often find still, however, that in a workflow I repeatedly run "names(myData)” because I can’t remember how a variable is named in a data set.

I think Workspace Browser is underused in this respect: It actually replaces a lot of the visual benefit that a spreadsheet offers for thinking about dataFrame).

Workspace Browser could become even more widely used and helpful if it had:
   1. A filter like the lovely history browser
    2. Sortable by object, type, structure, (and preferably size for spotting space hogs)

Wishlist… :-)

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.