[R-SIG-Mac] R editor for Mac

Day, Roger S day01 at pitt.edu
Thu Jan 27 15:13:52 CET 2011

I agree, I (generally) adore using the R.app.
(I also use Keyboard Maestro to add a couple of extra conveniences,
like mimicking the behavior of control-R from windows (submitting, then advancing
to the next line), or indenting/de-indenting a block.)

I do have problems with occasional crashes or freezes,
or editing windows that no longer respond,
apparently when the R.app editor gets
confused in its attempt to do the nice formatting respecting quotes.
Sometimes I can unfreeze a frozen R session by sending a signal from the unix terminal:

kill -4 PID
where PID is the process id obtained from the unix command ps -ax | egrep 'R.app|R64.app'  | awk '{print $1}'
(Safe, I think, when you've only got one R running.)

Roger Day
University of Pittsburgh Departments of Biomedical Informatics and
Biostatistics
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
University of Pittsburgh Molecular Medicine Institute
Room 310, Suite 301
Cancer Pavilion (CNPAV)
5150 Centre Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15232