[R-SIG-Mac] R editor for Mac
cstrato at aon.at
Sat Jan 29 14:04:55 CET 2011
Although this question was asked and answered many times, one editor was
As a long-time Mac user I prefer "nedit" for the following reasons:
- it was developed by people who wanted to have a Mac-like editor on Linux
- it is almost as powerful as emacs but much easier to use and much faster
- it has built-in syntax highlighting for many languages
- it has also syntax highlighting for R, simply install "R-5.3.pats"
(which I attach)
- it is incredible fast, e.g.:
-- it can open text files of sizes larger than 500 MB in few seconds
(e.g. the Affymetrix annotation file
-- searching such large files is also incredible fast
-- it opens a C++ source code with 10,000 lines immediately (in
contrast to emacs)
For these reasons I use nedit daily since more than 10 years on both
Linux and Mac.
e.m.a.i.l: cstrato at aon.at
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the R-SIG-Mac