[R-SIG-Mac] R file indexing under Spotlight

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Oct 27 22:18:59 CEST 2010

On Oct 27, 2010, at 12:57 PM, Vincent Philion wrote:

> Hi! a few years back, I posted about a R spotlight importer:
>
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2007-February/003676.html
>
> I see no mention of Spotlight in http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/NEWS, so unless I'm mistaken, this isn't installed by default with a new R install on Mac.
>
> Any chance to see this included?

It's not part of R (neither R.framework nor R.app) - so why should it be included with R? There are many useful plugins for R but there is no reason why they should be included with R itself. Even R packages are not installed by default with R and they bear much closer relationship .... Finally, none of us wrote it and since it is from 2007 it doesn't seem to have a maintainer ....