[R-SIG-Mac] R2.12 for Mac

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Nov 15 15:52:35 CET 2010

David, thank you for your answer.
If I understand you right, it looks like one should be patient during
the installation process!

When I installed packages for R2.10, I ended up installing the
dependencies manually one by one or else it was always installing many
unnecessary packages (I guess they are unnecessary because I've never
installed all of them on Windows), making the process last for ages.
Looks like it still persists with R2.12

Regarding the packages, I thought that this website
http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_summary.html provided an
up-to-date check of the packages, but I'm not sure it does. The packages
were only tested with the pre-release for MacOSX and some packages (even
the basics like plyr and reshape) show errors (which I don't really
understand). Maybe I should just try out or contact the maintainer of
the packages I need.

And since you've upgraded, you don't have any speed problem, as reported
I think twice on the list?

Regards,
Ivan

--