[R-SIG-Mac] R2.12 for Mac

Mon Nov 15 15:54:19 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Ivan Calandra
<ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> I've seen a few problems on this list related to R2.12 on Mac. It looks to
> me that the Mac release is not really stable yet, or is it? Maybe it's just
> a few instances and most of you have no problems at all with it.

I've been using R-2.12 since day 0 and don't have any issues to report.

I've also stopped using R from the GUI for a long time now (I only run
it via the terminal, or through emacs/terminal), so if there are
problems with using that for an extended period of time, I wouldn't
know (I'm guessing there aren't, though).

> Therefore, I've kept my R2.11 on my Mac. Would you advise to upgrade or to
> wait some time? And if I should/can upgrade, do you have any recommendations
> regarding how to do it correctly (that are not included in the FAQ)?

Keep in mind that you can keep R-2.11 on your machine *and* install
R-2.12. If for some reason you think R-2.12 isn't stable enough for
you, you can switch back to R-2.11 with Rswitch, which you can find
here:

http://r.research.att.com/#other

-steve

--