[R-SIG-Mac] building R package on Mac OS: R CMD build yields empty directories

Carsten Dormann carsten.dormann at ufz.de
Thu May 20 09:53:49 CEST 2010

Dear Berend,

thanks for your input. It got me onto the right track - sort of.
First, I repeated what you suggested: build an existing version. This
caused a problem with LaTeX fonts (which then lead to a whole new line
of trouble because my BasixTeX wrongly claims to be a 2010 release and
hence TeX Live Manager wouldn't install the missing packages.)

Having fixed that, the old version built properly, but the new one still
generated the tar.gz with empty directories.
Eventually I found that a (hidden) .Rbuildignore was still in the
package folder.

As I said, I am new to Mac and learned a lot about UNIX-style rights
management, hidden files, finder relaunches, ...

Eventually, all seems to work smoothly now.

Thanks again,

Carsten

--
Dr. Carsten F. Dormann
Department of Computational Landscape Ecology

Tel: ++49(0)341 2351946
Fax: ++49(0)341 2351939
Email: carsten.dormann at ufz.de
internet: http://www.ufz.de/index.php?de=4205