[R-SIG-Mac] Installing 2.11 while keeping previous version

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Tue May 11 21:29:57 CEST 2010

Dear List,

	I want to install R.2.11 for Mac while keeping my previous versions
(R.2.9 is the most recent.).
I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8.

On the installer the following note appears:

Note: By default the installer upgrades previous Leopard build of R
if present. If you want to keep the previous Leopard build, use
pkgutil --forget org.r-project.R.Leopard.fw.pkg

Here is what happens when I try the command

[richard-friedmans-computer:/usr/sbin] friedman% ./pkgutil --forget
org.r-project.R.Leopard.fw.pkg
No receipt for 'org.r-project.R.Leopard.fw.pkg' found at '/'.

  In the past I used to remove R-Framework.pkg from Library/Receipts
but I am not sure that this will work
this time.

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist,
Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC)
Lecturer,
Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI)
Educational Coordinator,
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (C2B2)/
National Center for Multiscale Analysis of Genomic Networks (MAGNet)
Room 824
Irving Cancer Research Center
Columbia University
1130 St. Nicholas Ave