[R-SIG-Mac] R2.10 vs OSX 10.4.11

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Jan 13 02:15:57 CET 2010

Carl,

On Jan 12, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Carl Witthoft wrote:

> Sorry if my shorthand (common enough among business software devs, of which I am not one) is misleading.  I simply meant 'the latest release of R2.10' when I wrote 2.10x.
>
> In any case,  2.10

Argh - please do include the *real* version! It *does* make a huge difference! For example 2.10.0 has some help-related bugs (and others ;)) that were fixed in 2.10.1 so it is important to distinguish exactly which version you have.

> is working fine on my 10.5.8 OS at home, but the help window was not working on 10.4.11 at work.

The new help system uses an integrated web server so firewall settings may get in your way there. I'm saying this only because you mentioned work ;).

>  I will post as much detail as I can acquire in the next day or two.  Given that R wasn't crashing, I may not have much to offer other than a list of which packages' help pages show up and which don't.

A reproducible example is sufficient ... However, as I said there is no difference in the R help system between 10.4 and 10.5 so the reason is likely somewhere else (e.g. failure to re-install packages after an R upgrade).