[R-SIG-Mac] R2.10 vs OSX 10.4.11

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Jan 13 00:19:04 CET 2010

On Jan 12, 2010, at 17:51 , Carl Witthoft wrote:

> Hi,
> Can someone let me know what should work and what is known not to
> work with the latest R2.10x when installed on Tiger (10.4.11)?

No, there is no "R2.10x".

>  I did a quick tryout and found that the ? command brings up a blank
> help window.  The help.start() (I think that's the command) brings
> up a R-help window in my web browser, but only some items' help
> pages show up there.
>
> I'm happy to do some testing or debug work, but just don't want to
> beat myself up against known walls.
>
> To answer the obvious:  I'm lucky still to have a Mac at work at
> all, so the chances of IT getting me a Leopard upgrade disc are zero
> or less.

R 2.10.1 was released for Mac OS X 10.4.11 and is the last release.
There is no functional difference between the Leopard and Tiger
release (other than the presence/absence of certain architectures), so
upgrading the OS makes no difference in usability (for now -- there is
likely to be no R 2.11.0 binary for Tiger anymore).

If you have any issues, please make sure you're using R 2.10.1 and you
may properly report them.