[R-SIG-Mac] R2.10 vs OSX 10.4.11

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Tue Jan 12 23:51:39 CET 2010

Hi,
Can someone let me know what should work and what is known not to work
with the latest R2.10x when installed on Tiger (10.4.11)?  I did a quick
tryout and found that the ? command brings up a blank help window.  The
help.start() (I think that's the command) brings up a R-help window in
my web browser, but only some items' help pages show up there.

I'm happy to do some testing or debug work, but just don't want to beat
myself up against known walls.

To answer the obvious:  I'm lucky still to have a Mac at work at all, so
the chances of IT getting me a Leopard upgrade disc are zero or less.

thanks
Carl