[R-SIG-Mac] Crash on package install using package installer

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Feb 16 22:29:09 CET 2010

On Feb 16, 2010, at 15:20 , Kevin Owens wrote:

> I tried to install an R package through the Package Installer in the
> R.app, but the program becomes unresponsive. I have been able to
> install packages through it before. I haven't tried installing
> packages another way because I don't know how to yet. I have
> attached r-crash-100216.txt (171 kB), the crash report it generated
> when i forced R.app to quit.

That is not a crash -- it simply using HTTP i.e. your internet
connections is probably very slow. Try using different mirror or just
wait since it takes long to download the package(s). The control is
returned from R to the GUI only when it's finished downloading, so it
won't do anything until the download is complete.