[R-SIG-Mac] getting history() to work

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Apr 13 16:19:19 CEST 2010

David,

I think I can help you with that one -- I assume you did not hit
<Enter>, < Tab> or any other key to commit the filename so it was
never stored. When you're typing the file name it is not stored until
you're finished with that field (i.e. when you close R before doing so
it is taken as canceling the change).

I agree that it can be a source of frustration - I'll see if we can
change the behavior to auto-commit the change when the preference pane
is closed (it's a little tricky because the pane is sort of
independent of the window).