[R-SIG-Mac] BBEdit Language Module Enhancements

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 30 21:02:32 CET 2009

On 30/10/2009, at 20:10, Jonathan Marc Bearak wrote:

> Hi,
> I made a couple of enhancements to the BBEdit Language Module found  
> in this thread:
> 	https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2005-December/002520.html
> I have uploaded the language module here:
> 	http://homepages.nyu.edu/~jmb736/code/R_language_module_for_BBEdit/R.plist
> This language module, as revised, will detect R functions, so you  
> can browse functions in the symbols menu.
> I have not yet figured out how to match the function body.  As such,  
> when the cursor is placed, not in the function name, but in the  
> function body, the symbols menu will display "(no symbols  
> selected)".  I am not sure when I will next have time to look at  
> this, but in any case, simply being able to browse function names is  
> the really important thing (for me, anyway) so I do not have to  
> scroll down a file or use the find dialog just to find a function.

I tried your R.plist in TextWrangler 3 and it failed to recognise  
I changed the function pattern to this

		<key>Function Pattern</key>

and then TextWrangler does recognise R functions with function names  
appearing in the symbols popup menu.

The string for <key>Identifier and Keyword Characters</key> should  
also contain a 0 (zero digit).


More information about the R-SIG-Mac mailing list