[R-SIG-Mac] BBEdit Language Module Enhancements
Jonathan Marc Bearak
jonathan.bearak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 21:12:12 CET 2009
Thanks for noticing the missing 0.
I wonder why the function pattern works in BBEdit but not in
TextWrangler, but since your revision seems to work in both, I swapped
On Oct 30, 2009, at 4:02 PM, Berend Hasselman wrote:
> On 30/10/2009, at 20:10, Jonathan Marc Bearak wrote:
>> I made a couple of enhancements to the BBEdit Language Module found
>> in this thread:
>> I have uploaded the language module here:
>> This language module, as revised, will detect R functions, so you
>> can browse functions in the symbols menu.
>> I have not yet figured out how to match the function body. As
>> such, when the cursor is placed, not in the function name, but in
>> the function body, the symbols menu will display "(no symbols
>> selected)". I am not sure when I will next have time to look at
>> this, but in any case, simply being able to browse function names
>> is the really important thing (for me, anyway) so I do not have to
>> scroll down a file or use the find dialog just to find a function.
> I tried your R.plist in TextWrangler 3 and it failed to recognise
> I changed the function pattern to this
> <key>Function Pattern</key>
> and then TextWrangler does recognise R functions with function names
> appearing in the symbols popup menu.
> The string for <key>Identifier and Keyword Characters</key> should
> also contain a 0 (zero digit).
More information about the R-SIG-Mac