[R-SIG-Mac] R.app intractable history problem

vi vishyiyer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 00:55:22 CET 2009

I posted a response earlier but it hasn't shown up as it's
moderated... But I just wanted to mention again - in my case, even if
I enter my own filename with or without dot anywhere, R.app
mysteriously changes it to .Rhistory, in whatever directory I specify!
I look for files with ls -al in Terminal.

I've now tried installing R 2.10 and going back to R 2.7 on two
computers (iMac and Macbook both running 10.5.8) and get the same
behavior.