[R-SIG-Mac] R.app intractable history problem

Rob Goedman robjgoedman at me.com
Thu Nov 5 01:53:04 CET 2009

The 'problem' is that both R.app and R itself save the history file
(based on their settings). R saves the history after R.app, so if they
both have the same name it can (and has on a few occasions :-) create
a problem. Hence my suggestion to Vi to change the R.app name.

R.app will store the history in the file set in the preferences.
Saving the workspace does not play here. All of this (saving history,
preferences and optional the workspace) happens on quitting R, which
is what Vi used to test.

Rob