[R-SIG-Mac] R/qtl installation on Leopard 10.5.7

Karl Broman kbroman at biostat.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 17 03:22:54 CEST 2009

I would like to continue the thread initiated by Matthew Kinkade,
concerning a problem with the CRAN binary of my "qtl" package.

If one uses install.package("qtl"), with apparently any mirror, the
Mac binary install is for the previous version of the package (1.11-12).

And it seems that the binary at either of the following

   http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/r-release/qtl_1.12-26.tgz
   http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/r-release/qtl_1.12-26.tgz

were mistakenly built with 2.10.0 rather than 2.9.1, and so loading
the library gives the error that Matthew Kinkade reported (with a
dyn.load error and a reference to R version 2.10).

I install the above directly with, for example

   install.packages("qtl", contriburl="http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.9
")

Who should I talk to about getting the package on CRAN re-built?  Does
anyone know why install.packages("qtl") grabs the previous version of
the package and not the most current one?

Thanks,
karl
Karl Broman
kbroman at biostat.wisc.edu