[R-SIG-Mac] R/qtl installation on Leopard 10.5.7

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Jul 17 04:29:49 CEST 2009

On Jul 16, 2009, at 9:22 PM, Karl Broman wrote:

> I would like to continue the thread initiated by Matthew Kinkade,
> concerning a problem with the CRAN binary of my "qtl" package.
>
> If one uses install.package("qtl"), with apparently any mirror, the
> Mac binary install is for the previous version of the package
> (1.11-12).
>
> And it seems that the binary at either of the following
>
>  http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/r-release/qtl_1.12-26.tgz
>  http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/r-release/qtl_1.12-26.tgz
>
> were mistakenly built with 2.10.0 rather than 2.9.1, and so loading
> the library gives the error that Matthew Kinkade reported (with a
> dyn.load error and a reference to R version 2.10).
>
> I install the above directly with, for example
>
>  install.packages("qtl", contriburl="http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.9
> ")
>
> Who should I talk to about getting the package on CRAN re-built?

Me. I was at the useR/DSC and in the meantime something went horribly
wrong with the package builds since suddenly all packages have been
built with R-devel instead of R-release. I have started a complete re-
built, but it can take 1-2 days before it's done and propagated
through the mirrors. Then I'll investigate the cause.

>  Does anyone know why install.packages("qtl") grabs the previous
> version of the package and not the most current one?

If you referring to 64-bit builds then it's likely that the builds
have not been run recently. I'll verify that part also tomorrow.