[R-SIG-Mac] bug: locale not detected by R.app 2.7.2 ?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Oct 8 16:57:44 CEST 2008

Hugo,

this is not a bug - please follow the instructions as R is telling you:

"Please read R for Mac OS X FAQ (see Help) section 9 and adjust your
system preferences accordingly."

And precisely for your setup that tells you:
"If you use a non-standard setup (e.g. different language than
formats), you can override the auto-detection performed by setting
force.LANG defaults setting, such as for example

defaults write org.R-project.R force.LANG en_US.UTF-8
will enforce US-english setting regardless of the system setting.
Please note that you must always use .UTF-8 version of the locale,
otherwise R.app will not work properly."