[R-SIG-Mac] X11 with aquamacs

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 18:09:10 CEST 2008

I have aqua macs installed.  I would like to use this with a R 2.7.2
that I built on os x 10.3.9.  R works fine in the X11 terminal, but I
can not copy and paste ...  I would like to use aquamacs as my
interface to R.  It starts up fine and interfaces with R preforms
computations,  but when i issue the X11() command it does not open up
a window.  I used the command at the x11 terminal as to the aquamacs
export DISPLAY=0.0

then I checked to see if aquamacs recognized to use x11 (I don't
remember the exact command right now) and it returned nil.  So, how do
I get aquamacs to interface with x11.

thanks

--
Stephen Sefick
Research Scientist

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

								-K. Mullis