[R-SIG-Mac] ODBC Error - Anyone have this working

Ken Nussear knussear at mac.com
Tue Jul 15 16:45:49 CEST 2008

Hi

Can't find this error in the archives, hoping someone has solved this
already.

I'm trying to run ODBC queries to a filemaker database running on FM
Server. I have the Actual drivers installed, and the query is working
in Excel and able to import data.

When I specify the query in R I get the following....

 > channel <- odbcConnect(dsn='Flapjack', uid = "Admin", pwd = "!^%
$#jjs")

There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the first 50)
 > warnings()
1: In odbcDriverConnect(st, ...) :
   [RODBC] ERROR: state 00000, code 0, message [iODBC][Driver
Manager]dlopen(/Library/ODBC/SequeLink.bundle/Contents/MacOS/
ivslk18.dylib, 6): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Library/ODBC/SequeLink.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ivslk18.dylib: mach-o,
but wrong architecture
2: In odbcDriverConnect(st, ...) :
   [RODBC] ERROR: state IM003, code 0, message [iODBC][Driver
Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded
3: In odbcDriverConnect(st, ...) :

I get something there about the wrong architecture on warning 1, and
the rest of the warnings are all the same.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Ken