[R-SIG-Mac] installing multiple versions of R

Mon Dec 1 21:07:14 CET 2008

Howdy,

On Dec 1, 2008, at 2:45 PM, Steven McKinney wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> When you are attempting to install the second
> version of R, have you been doing the following step?
> (This is on the "Read Me" second window of the
> Mac installer dialog.)
>
> Note: By default the installer upgrades previous
> R version if present. If you want to keep your
> old R version, remove R-Framework.pkg from
> /Library/Receipts before proceeding.
>
> So if you install R-2.8 using R-2.8.0.dmg,
> then before you install R-2.7.2 using
> R-2.7.2.dmg, navigate to /Library/Receipts
> in Finder and drag R-Framework.pkg to the trash.

Aha! Sorry, Stephen: I totally never noticed that little warning when
I installed R2.8 as I installed the 64bit Leopard version via the
"curl -s http://..." business as described here:

http://r.research.att.com/

I can see how that warning would be easy to miss. Thanks for setting
us straight, Steven.

Hmm ... a thread between Steven, Stephen, and Steve. I think we've
covered all of the bases right there.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos