[R-SIG-Mac] installing multiple versions of R

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Mon Dec 1 20:45:00 CET 2008

Hi Stephen,

When you are attempting to install the second
version of R, have you been doing the following step?
(This is on the "Read Me" second window of the
Mac installer dialog.)

 Note: By default the installer upgrades previous
 R version if present. If you want to keep your
 old R version, remove R-Framework.pkg from
 /Library/Receipts before proceeding.

So if you install R-2.8 using R-2.8.0.dmg,
then before you install R-2.7.2 using
R-2.7.2.dmg, navigate to /Library/Receipts
in Finder and drag R-Framework.pkg to the trash.

Best

Steven McKinney

Statistician
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre

email: smckinney +at+ bccrc +dot+ ca

tel: 604-675-8000 x7561

BCCRC